Sunday, September 19, 2010

I promise I'll post more than once a month....my pre-new years resolution???

ANNNNNNND I'm back.

I actually considered writing this before I went to dance practice at 4....but then I was tired and took a nap/read for history. Okay okay, so a lot of stuff has gone down. Since last Wednesday....one actually happened on the 9th...

My dog, of 14 1/2 years, Puck, died. He had to be put down by my parents that thursday morning. When I called my mom to tell her something important ( obv. not that important...cause well I forgot it), she sounded terrible and it was then that she told me. I'm not going to lie, I was completely miserable. That continued for a while. Nights would be me, curled up on my bed sobbing into Brad about how I missed my dog and how I didn't feel that I said goodbye to him well enough. Last night, I read this thing about "Rainbow Bridge" which is where pets who have pre-deceased their humans go.... (the site I found it on will be described in a minute) and I like lost it. Im not even that religious and fuck, I lost it. All in all, Puck was a great dog. He lived longer than he was supposed to and he loved me every minute of it. He loved everything and anything and was one of the sweetest dogs I've ever known. I wrote this on my facebook for my picture -- and well I'll put what I said here:
     RIP Puck:(2/20/1996-9/9/2010) You were a great dog and lived a great life. You always knew that you could make my tears stop if you just put your big bucket head into my lap and looked at me with those big brown eyes. You had the curliest hair ...it was like a fluffy little fro. We called you a butterball when you were a baby. You always were. You loved me with all you had and loved EVERYONE you met. Watch over us and make sure you enjoy all the treats, food, hockey socks, and the lake with all the ducks you chased, up in heaven. You were the best dog ever. I love you and miss you more and more each day. ♥


HAPPIER THOUGHTS PEOPLE.
My Mom and Dad decided that eventually we will get another dog. Mom says it will be better when we are around (so break) to bond with the little guy and see how Rudy (our 6 1/2 yr old golden) and Madeline (my cat...) interact with him. Theyve started the process (because it takes forever), but mom and I agree that we aren't ready for a new dog just yet. I found the Rainbow Bridge passage on the website of the breeder lady--from who we are getting the (now unborn) new puppy from eventually. I called her today and was like "Im really not ready" and she agreed. Good thing its not for a while....cause the coping thing is kind of hard. Mom says that we had a private cremation thing for Puck and that we will spread his ashes in the back yard and then in NH on the Lake....cause he loved it.


On the school note: things are going well. Caroline came to visit for friday night/saturday morning-- that was a highlight of my weekend :) ALSO, this past Thursday I had a counseling exam and a stats exam and didnt prepare well enough for stats cause i was freaking out about counseling....jesus. I'm just stressed. Other than that , gave a great history presentation with Connor about the Alien and Sedition Acts of 1798 and then the Sedition Act of 1918 and ....the Patriot Act. 70 minutes long and stressful as hell. Love that class though. I love being here.....though homework is out the wazoo. Hmm lets think.... I got into a bellydance for dance club-- its gonna be really cool. I'm nervous cause im always self conscious --but I really like the choreographer and she said that people focus more on the dancing rather than how people look. I dont look terrible ...so I'm gonna leave it at that.

Finally -- the Symlin (if you didnt read the post before--go back and look) --is working? I mean it still hurts my tummy like crazy, but I will get used to it. It just makes me kinda wanna vomit...so that sucks. But if my sugar is low before I eat I dont have to take it. Basically lemme just get through this and get my sugars down. I will be happy when I get the A1c Test that tells me that it has gone down significantly.

Okay, well I'm done for now.

Till next time (which I promise, will be sooner than in a month)
PEACExx

1 comment:

  1. You're such a goober. You haven't updated in almost a month.
    CAUGHT IN A LIE IN YOUR OWN BLOG.

    ReplyDelete