Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Oh hey there, massive amounts of homework!

Hello world.

I really am MIA on this aren't I? Lets see....New Hampshire was so much fun. One week with the family (Aunt Sarah came out from CA =]) and then another with the family AND significant others :) I had a blast with Brad, Janine. my brothers, etc etc....I only wish that Jamie and Janine could've stayed the WHOLE time. I love them. They are so adorable and loving and fun. I can't wait to visit them again come December/Winter Break.

One of my favorite pictures from the summer was one of Brad and I at the Woodshed (see Facebook...I'm too lazy to put up a picture now...). He's so cute. I love him and I hope he knows how much I do. I must say, as I said before, this summer was not the summer of friends. Summer of frustration more like it. Thank God I have therapy today....I was up till 3 trying to distract myself so I could make sure that I went to sleep and didn't think of all the messed up stuff running through my head.

Anywho, it's the second week back at SMCM and I am loving life....except the homework part haha. I was swamped last week and I am swamped again, but I guess thats what you have to expect when you go to college. Caroline surprised us by visiting this past weekend and all I can say is.....I miss her too much for words. She needs to come back and by needs, I mean to visit and to attend SMCM again. That's just my personal opinion. She makes me smile and seeing her this weekend just brought such a light into my...life?

On the diabetes front....I was doing well with the sensor and everything, then it needed to be changed(recently) and I took it out but didn't put it back in. It hurt me! But I will later today.  Also, I'm taking a new (for me ) brand of insulin called Apidra(sp???) which is a little faster than Novolog I guess. Dr Reiner just put me on it because I asked about faster acting insulins.

And then there is the issue of Symlin. Back in the day, I was on Symlin (you take it right before meals and it is supposed to keep the blood sugar level...like all insulins....but its different. It doesnt focus on covering the carbs etc etc. Look it up when you have the chance. or just go here http://www.drugs.com/symlin.html) It was originally used for just type 2, but people found it working for type 1 sooooooooooo....here we are). I got super nauseaus and icky feeling and I hated it. So I went off of it--this was like 7th grade. (soooooo 7ish years ago?) Now Dr. Reiner is all for this again. Esp cause he wants me to have better control. I havent gotten the pens in the mail yet...but I suppose when they do come I will have to start shooting up before eating. That will be fun. If anyone in the diabetes community reads this (which I doubt...but its worth a shot...haha a shot....nevermind)...have you tried symlin recently? if so how was it?

Well, I'm to therapy soon...then I'll come back to my room and work work work.

PEACE

No comments:

Post a Comment