Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Summertime, the livin's easy...(kinda...but not really)

Does anyone else feel like this summer has gone by ridiculously fast? I dunno---I'm happy to be going back to SMCM....but it just feels like I didn't have a summer. I mean, it's not over yet...I still have a month or so...but damn. On Saturday, I'll be leaving early in the morning to go to NH :) with my family for two weeks. Brad will join us on the 13th, along with Jamie, Janine, and Laura. It'll be fun...but I can't believe it's here already.

A year ago I was prepping for college and putting off reading Field Notes From a Catastrophe....(but who didnt?I know Brad didn't even read it haha). A year ago I was TERRIFIED of leaving my SK girls and specifically the security of my home. Weird. Not that I want to leave them, but I'm super excited to go back to school. Frankly, as I have discussed with some of my friends, this wasn't our summer. This summer was focused on making money, going to the gym, and honestly, BARELY hanging out with people. I feel like last summer was sooo much better and adventurous and fun....but this summer...just kinda, I dunno, stunk? Maybe I'm the only one that felt this way. *shrug* 

It's not like my summer has been totally WITHOUT fun---I've had some good hang outs with the ladies--and guys. The SMCM crew had a fun hangout where I almost DIED of laughter at Marky Mark's barrel roll from his chair to in front of where Joss and I were talking about stuff...."*Barrel Roll* RELATIONSHIP PROBLEMS?"...except it had nothing to do with our relationships haha. We're actually getting together again tomorrow, which should be a ridiculous amount of fun. Yay! Haha -- and I went golfing with my Dad last Sunday...and despite the fact that I sucked, it was a lot of fun. My Dad and I never really do things together---so the lesson was a fun way of bonding.

Anywhoooo, someone I got to spend a little more time with this summer was my friend Brooke ( W...not L....though I miss L a lot and haven't seen her this summer-- :( I need to before I leave!). and her little baby boy Logan. My god--I love them both. Brooke is such a fantastic mom, who has jumped through hoops of fire to provide Logan with what he needs. She's one of the bravest people I know, and I don't think people give her enough credit for that. Not many people can do what she does and did at 18/19/20. Not to mention along with juggling motherhood, she's studying for her GED, and frankly--she's going to rock them like no other. Just have to give her mad credit for that ;) Oh, I know I'm being random-- but I'd like to welcome back my BAMF friend Sarah Triplett -- who is back (finally!) from Basic Training. She's alive and awesome-er than ever ;) with fun stories about basic. She even has dog tags --which I think is cool. Hah.

Hmm--- Oh! Seton Keough girls-- go to www.setonkeough.com and look at the new president's letter to the parents....it made my freaking day. I won't spoil it here--just read it....here I'll make it super easy for you: http://www.setonkeough.com/documents/letter_to_parents_Aug_2010.pdf

Lets see...diabetes related stuff....I put my Dexcom sensor in yesterday and it hurt like no other. But now, it's not bothering me and working like it should :) Hopefully, this will help me finally bring my A1c to a comfy level that's not life threatening. Happy thoughts!

Well now, this was absolutely another rambling post-- but, oh well.

Good night for now.

PEACE Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment